Position: Member of Board of Directors (up to five positions)
Position Start Date: May AGM, 2023
Application Deadline: March 23, 2023
Average Time Commitment: 10 volunteer hours per month
Members of the Board of Directors provide leadership and direction in the realization of Heritage Ottawa’s ideals, mandate and strategic plan.
Board members will be selected to fill gaps in our organizational structure. Collectively, board members ensure the financial stability of the organization, lead built heritage advocacy initiatives, provide fundraising leadership, and contribute to the public face of the organization. Board members help to create opportunities and nurture relations in support of Heritage Ottawa’s strategic objectives.
All candidates should familiarize themselves with Heritage Ottawa’s website and the work of the organization. Read Who We Are, What We Do.
What you help contribute:
- Strong teamwork skills
- Strategic planning concepts
- Financial management principles
- Networking and effective communication skills
What we’re looking for -- Do you see yourself in one of these bullets?
- Experience on a not-for-profit board, charity or other related governance experience
- Revenue generation / fundraising / donor relations experience
- Heritage research and advocacy
- Communications (website, social media)
- Familiarity with built and cultural heritage-related issues in Ottawa
- Diversity of gender, age, ethnicity, and experience
What you’ll do -- it's not too onerous, and we're a nice group!
- Attend eleven (in-person/online) board meetings, one Annual General Meeting, and HO events;
- Prepare for meetings in advance to allow for valuable participation;
- Serve on one or more board committees if you can;
- Participate in ensuring the board fulfills its fiduciary responsibilities;
- Stay informed about heritage-related issues in your area of the city;
- Assist the board in carrying out Heritage Ottawa’s mandate and strategic plan;
Application for positions
Please complete the Application Form by March 23, 2023 and email to firstname.lastname@example.org