The 160 year-old stone house on Fuller St., beautifully restored by the Morrison family, has long been well-known. Not nearly as prominent are another twenty homes in the neighbourhood which date back at least a century. Some were built on Fairmont Ave. by scientists at the then new Dominion Observatory, not far away. The building of the Civic Hospital attracted more name architects such as Noffke and Younghusband to the area.
This tour will begin at what remains of the Reid stone farmhouse, built in 1840 and slated for removal later this year.
GUIDE: Andy Billingsley, Chair of the History and Heritage Committee of the Civic Hospital Neighbourhood Association, has lived on Harmer Ave. South for forty-five years.
Heritage Ottawa Members: $5 / Non-Members: $10 ( Payable at start of the tour )