Old Ottawa South is a neighbourhood organized around Bank Street, the Rideau Canal and the Rideau River. In 1907, Nepean Township villages such as Ottawa South were annexed to the City of Ottawa.
The physical character of Old Ottawa South is due to both its underlying physical geography as a place bounded by waterways, but also to infrastructure improvements that accompanied annexation, especially the building of bridges and the extension of the streetcar system, which stimulated housing for people of various means.
GUIDES: Julie Harris and Kathy Krywicki are both contributors to the book Exploring the Built Heritage of Old Ottawa South.
Heritage Ottawa Members: $5 / Non-Members: $10 ( Payable by cash at start of the tour )