Old Ottawa South

Sunday, October 2, 2016 - 14:00 to 15:30

Our 2017 Walking Tour Season kicks off on Sunday, June 11. Please check back in late May for the 2017 schedule.

In 1907, Nepean Township villages such as Ottawa South were annexed to the City of Ottawa. Improved city services soon followed, such as a new high level Bank Street Bridge over the canal. The Bridge allowed the privately-owned Ottawa Electric Railway to extend streetcar services, stimulating housing and development of one of Ottawa’s first streetcar suburbs.

GUIDES: Julie Harris and Kathy Krywicki, both contributors to the book Exploring the Built Heritage of Old Ottawa South, available for sale on this website.

Heritage Ottawa Members: $5  /  Non-Members: $10  ( Payable at start of the tour )

 

Please Note New Meeting Point

Address: 
Meet: Sunnyside Branch, Ottawa Public Library
1049 Bank Street ( Across from Southminster Church )
Ottawa, ON
Canada