In 1907, Nepean Township villages such as Ottawa South were annexed to the City of Ottawa. Improved city services soon followed, such as a new high level Bank Street Bridge over the canal. It allowed the privately-owned Ottawa Electric Railway to extend streetcar services, stimulating housing and development of one of Ottawa’s first streetcar suburbs.
GUIDES: Julie Harris and Kathy Krywicki, both contributors to the book Exploring the Built Heritage of Old Ottawa South.
Heritage Ottawa Members: $5 / Non-Members: $10