In 1907, Nepean Township villages such as Ottawa South were annexed to the City of Ottawa. Improved city services soon followed, such as a new high level Bank Street Bridge over the canal. It allowed the privately-owned Ottawa Electric Railway to extend streetcar services, stimulating housing and development of one of Ottawa’s first streetcar suburbs.
GUIDES: Julie Harris and Kathy Krywicki, who wrote the book Exploring the Built Heritage of Old Ottawa South.
This tour will be offered again on September 13, 2015.
Members $5.00, Non-members, $10.00