EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AT HERITAGE OTTAWA
Position: Administrative Officer, Heritage Ottawa
Posted: October 23, 2019
Heritage Ottawa is the foremost not-for-profit organization in the National Capital Region dedicated to the protection, appreciation and preservation of Ottawa’s built heritage and cultural places.
In recent years, the activities of Heritage Ottawa have grown considerably, and the organization now requires the services of an Administrative Officer to support its operations. The Administrative Officer will perform a variety of administrative, communication, membership and volunteer-related duties in support of the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee, Committee Chairs and other volunteers of the organization.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in a related field, such as heritage conservation, cultural resource management, or arts and cultural management;
- Relevant work experience in heritage conservation and/or interpretation, or in a related cultural heritage sector;
- Prior administrative experience, preferably for a not-for-profit organization;
- Excellent computer skills, with abilities in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database programs;
- Technical aptitude with websites and social media;
- Well-organized and self-motivated, with attention to detail and excellent time management skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- A creative thinker with excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Language Requirements: Proficiency in oral and written English and French is essential.
Employment Eligibility: The Administrative Officer must be legally able to be employed in Canada.
Location Requirements: The Administrative Officer must reside in the National Capital Region or in the surrounding area, or be willing to relocate to such a residence at their own expense.
References: Two references will be requested.
Terms of Employment: This employment opportunity is for a permanent, part-time position, subject to a preliminary review after three (3) months and a final review after twelve (12) months. The position is for thirty (30) hours per week.
For the complete Administrative Officer Job Description, click here.
How to Apply: Submit a Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter outlining how you meet the skills, qualifications and requirements of the position by mail to Heritage Ottawa, 2 Daly Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, K1N 6E2, or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line: Administrative Officer Competition.
Applications are due by 5:00 pm, Tuesday, November 12, 2019.